Saturday, June 9, 2012

Par-tay!

Tomorrow is party day [I'll be sure to post pics later of that] and I can't believe Adam and I have been on this journey for TWO WHOLE YEARS!!! Yikes.

He's so amazing and fun. There are some days where I'm soooo bored during nap time that I can't wait until he wakes up so we can play some more. So I can hear him sing songs some more. Watch him shout out animals that he knows or have really serious conversations on his play phone. I adore it!! He's the most wonderful thing in my life. I've always loved him with everything I had to love him with but we definitely had some struggles together. He is a very strong willed, active, crazy little boy. It was hard at times. I'm so glad that we're over those humps. I know there are more to come, I'm not naive. It's just nice to have a break from it. It's also nice that when he's starting in on a tantrum we can ask if he wants to go to time out or his room and he'll sniffle/cry and say no and tries to calm down so we can work through this.

I love that he can finally communicate to me a little. We haven't reached the talk back part and we're working on getting him to say 'sorry' when he does things that hurt others which is waaaay harder than I had anticipated. But we'll get there. Now time to get some rest for tomorrow's big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment