Friday, June 1, 2012

I might be jinxing myself

So I might be jinxing myself with saying this BUT Viktor has been so much more fun lately!! We haven't had a ton of tantrums. At least not any that couldn't be easily/quickly defused. No unnecessary grumpiness. Talking more. Listening well. It's amazing!! As much as I love nap times the age he is at I sometimes am just sitting around waiting on him to wake up.

It's so fun to watch this guy grow developmentally. To do better at expressing his desires. To watch him get amped up is even more fun. Like if we're about to go to the park he throws his little hands in the air and says in a deeper loud voice 'paaaark!' He does the same thing if he's about to eat waffles or bananas. Getting him/hearing him imitate things is even more amazing.

I can't believe that practically 2 years ago I gave birth to this little man with such a huge personality! He makes me excited to play and teach and learn. He makes it worth waking up every morning. He makes me want to be a better person. He makes me care. Perhaps one day I'll print off these blog posts I made about him so he can enjoy them too. Boys are a lot different than girls though so I doubt he'll value them like I do. Or even value them like a daughter would. But I have a feeling my rough and tumble mama's boy will grow up to be an amazing man like his father. Strong and gentle. Sweet mannered but driven by goals and aspirations.

I wouldn't trade my house full of boys for anything! [now if only I had a photo of a family photo complete with our male animals too].


No comments:

Post a Comment